기타
독일개관
파독50년
독일와인
나지라기
관광화보
현재접속
364명
새알려주는 새아리는 낡은 반복의 메아리가 아니라 거창하지 않은 작은 것이라도 뭔가 새롭게 느끼게 해주며, 소박한 가운데서도 문득 작은 통찰을 주는 그런 글들을 기다립니다. 소재와 형식, 문체에 제약이 없는, 제멋대로 자유롭고 그래서 나름 창조적인 자기만의 글쓰기를 환영합니다.

한국 영리한 일본인들.

페이지 정보

작성자 아헨에서메일보내기 이름으로 검색 조회 2,936회 작성일 02-05-23 07:02

본문

이하의 글은 아래 홈피에서 떠 온것입니다.
. http://www.japantimes.com/cgi-bin/getwcup.pl5?seoul/intro.htm
일본의 영자신문이라네요.
감동적이군요.호호후히..
그 옆에 아주 크게 링크된 일본 안내 사진의 찬연함과 아주 좋은 대조를 이루고 있습니다.
테 온라인에 갔더니..서울을 설명하는 사진들이 정말 가관이더라구요..
독일내에 우리측에 약간이라도 호의 적인  홈피는 코레아 호이테 뿐인거 같내요..
사실..좀 어용이지만.
정보전과 홍보전에서  벌써 파장난 잔치가 아니가 싶네여..흑흑..
이거 어디에 좀 거들어 달라고 할 데가 없을까요?

POPULATION: 10,000,000
아주 위험한 전쟁지대라는 암시겠지요?
NEARBY CITIES: Incheon, Suwon

SEOUL -- It all seemed so laid-back, back then. It was only 1984 and I stopped over in
Seoul for three days on a round-the-world jaunt to check out the hot food and the hot chicks I'd been told were all over the city (and all over you).

Development in Seoul has been at breakneck speed -- like everything else.
Having just passed through Bangkok and Taipei, Seoul didn't seem so special.
It wasn't so much different from Taipei really. It was big, it was gray, it was a little bit smoggy.   아유 죄송해라.

And the people seemed OK. Again, compared with Taipei,

they weren't so crazy.

Getting around town was easy enough by taxi and the streets were OK for walking around.

The food was hot, and so were the women.여자가 맵다는 건..어떨때 쓰는 말일까요.
일본의 음식은 더 마일드하죠 아마..거기 요자들 처럼..

As I sat in the Windsor Bar at the massive Lotte Hotel in downtown Seoul, I made eye contact with a woman. Not just any woman. She was, without a doubt, the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She spoke English, she dressed with style, she seemed intelligent.

"I'll come back to your hotel room for $100," she purred.

Man, I thought, she IS intelligent.

The flip side of this particular coin was "Hooker Hill" in Itaewon. Business was bad. During the course of my investigations as a journalist, and needing some alcohol, I stepped into a watering hole where two young women were keen to make my acquaintance and entertain me with their broken English.

Leaving was tough. It was 3 o'clock in the morning, business wasn't exactly booming, 이 부분은 운율도 맟춰서 썼네요..세상에.
hands grabbed my arms.

"Don't go," they pleaded. I ran away before they started offering ME money.

I didn't go there again for 11 years -- and what a difference a decade can make.

Seoul boomed in the intervening years, partly due to the hosting of the Olympic Games in the summer of 1988 and partly due to the astounding economic growth of South Korea. The population of the capital more than doubled to around 10 million in those 11 years, and if the surrounding areas are taken into account, the figure is even higher.

The city itself suffered as a consequence. Pollution is horrific, the number of cars is way over what the city can handle and the streets now teem with people.

I'm walking up a street in the center of town with my Korean girlfriend (now my wife)
참 이부분이 왠지 객관적 설득력을 더 해주지요?
on my first trip to South Korea for 11 years. A woman pokes her head out of a doorway.

"Prostitute! Prostitute!" she screams in Korean.

Ironically, no, I wanted to say, but I let it pass. The comment demonstrated, in one way, just how quickly the city -- and the country -- had grown up.

The young Seoul women of today are happy to date foreign guys,
while the older generation still can't forget the not-so-distant past when virtually any Korean woman with a foreign guy was on the game.
쩝 이건 좀 사실인거같네요..

I have two more encounters on the same trip:
Once when a middle-aged guy told me I wasn't allowed to hold hands
(with my girlfriend, not him), and once on a bus when I told my girlfriend to sit on my knee. A guy younger than myself came up and said in excellent English:
"This is against Korean culture. This is wrong."
참 기특한 젊은이였군요.

Well, is it OK if I pay her $100, I felt like saying. Instead,
I told him to tell her what correct Korean culture was.

"She's Korean," I barked at him. "It's her culture as well. Tell her she can't do it."
He slunk back to the back of the bus without saying another word.

Seoul today is not a comfortable place -- and in many ways.

The people are not comfortable with themselves, they are not always comfortable with their city and they are not terribly comfortable with the modern world.

Seoul is a modern capital in a country that is struggling to break out of its conservative past. Much of the city is just plain ugly -- row after row of horrible tower blocks shooting 30 stories into the sky. Many of these concrete monstrosities are company housing, designed to be cheap and practical. Innovation, aesthetics and livability are factored out, not in.

And many of the more modern buildings in Seoul look as if they were put up overnight. Basically because they were. My wife used to live in a terrifying edifice that had crooked walls, external wiring and a plug near the shower. Soon after my return to Seoul, a nine-story department store in Seoul just fell down. This was followed by a section of one of the main bridges over the Han river in the center of Seoul (not to mention a gas explosion that killed scores of people in Taegu).

어쩌면 그리도 우리 사정에 밝으신지..

The pace of development outstripped capacity. Speed is Seoul's maxim. A South Korean will always prefer a shoddy job done quickly to a thorough job that takes time. Taxi drivers, bus drivers, any drivers belt around the city with no thought to how fast they are going and certainly no thought to anyone else on the road.

And the roads just can't keep up. New subway lines have been opened recently, but the roads are still jammed. The Koreans have discovered a type of freedom in their automobiles and they are disinclined to give it up. So, while the subways have improved access around town, taking a taxi is not always the most convenient way to travel.

Getting across the river can often be a headache. The Han river splits the city. The south side has been developed over the last couple of decades, while the north side represents the older part of town. They are quite different.

The Olympic Games sports complex is situated on the southeastern side of the city, just south of the river, near another Lotte Hotel and the Lotte World amusement park. While some of the streets are huge, there's still too much traffic and the buildings range from not terribly interesting to downright horrible.

North of the river, the terrain is quite hilly with Namsan mountain and the Seoul Tower dominating the landscape. The northern part of the city wraps itself around the mountain and spreads out from there. While the downtown area has its fair share of high-rise buildings, there are still plenty of low-rise dwellings all around the mountain. As you cross the river from the Kangnam area on the south bank, the skyline is dominated by the shining Hyatt Hotel and an abnormal amount of churches.

Tunnels run through the mountain, easing access to areas on the other side, but these can be chock full of smoke-belching vehicles at peak times (5 a.m. to 3 a.m.).
Because of the significant elevation of certain areas, the subway does not reach all areas, so you have little choice but to grab a cab -- if you can.
거의 명복을 빈다는 식인데..

As you near the city from the airport, you will notice a cluster of modern buildings on an area known as Youido Island. This houses the National Assembly building, TV stations and the Korea Stock Exchange, but the most noticeable building of them all is Seoul's (and Korea's) tallest -- the KLI 63 Building, a 60-story golden edifice that glistens impressively in the sunlight and offers a commanding view over the river,
아주 친절하게 이렇게 덧붙여 줍니다.
smog permitting.

While Seoul took an unhappy pounding at the hands of the Japanese, the North Koreans and the Chinese in the 20th century, older areas remain, including a couple of palaces that are well-worth visiting. Of course, older may still mean postwar, but there are still pockets of Seoul that have character, although you can't help but think their lifespan is limited.
참 감동적으로 우리의 역사를 설명해 주는 장면입니다.

Perhaps the best place to feel the intensity of Seoul is in its markets.
They are open virtually all day and night and are never less than fascinating,
whether you're looking for pig's heads, clothes or imitation brand-name goods.
At times, it's like being in an Arab souk and haggling for a decent price makes the experience all the more enjoyable
(until you find out that you've been ripped off).
우리의 바가지를 미리 경고해주다니..남대문 망했습니다.

Seoul is not an easy city to like.
뭐 그럼에도 불구하고 저자는 애정을 가지고 있다는 뜻일까요?
It may have plenty to offer, but the intensity of it all can grind you down pretty quickly.
It's not an easy place for foreigners to deal with and requires a lot of patience
if you're going to enjoy yourself and have a good time.

And remember, $100 doesn't buy what it used to.
요즘엔 얼마함는지 더 잘알거 같은 이상이군요..
저런..
이상 입니다.
소소히 다 한국말로 옮기지 못한점 용서를 저도 흥분해서 ..그냥 보니까 읽히데요..
다들 저보단 월등히 잘 보시리라 믿고..
혹시 아주 우호적인 글인데 제가 오해한 거라면 ..
사알짝 귀띔을..

'80.133.155.229'아헨에서: 다시 들어가서 다른 도시들을 보니 서울을 아주 높이 평가하는 거군요..  [05/23-07:08]
'80.133.155.229'아헨에서: 글구 우리측 고식 홈피는 폭격당했나 보니다. 안떠요.  [05/23-07:37]
'24.222.44.220'읽어본놈: 원색적으로 한국을 비하하는 글입니다. 아주 우호적인글이 아니니 안심하세요.  [05/24-04:37]
'80.133.119.155'흰돌: 저팬타임즈가 공식적으로 사과를 했습니다. 그리고 지면을 통해 사과 및 정정기사를 보내고 기자에게 책임추궁을 할 예정이라는군요.  [05/24-08:18]
'217.82.230.205'knasti: 정말 주옥같은 글들 입니다..참, 여기서 '주옥같은'은 반드시 빨리 발음하셔야 합니다..^^  [05/25-22:49]
추천2

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

새아리 목록
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜
634 독일 knasti메일보내기 이름으로 검색 06-13
633 한국 자유로니쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 06-13
632 한국 자유로니쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 06-10
631 한국 이름으로 검색 06-12
630 한국 자유로니쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 06-10
629 한국 자유로니쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 06-08
628 독일 자유로니쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 06-07
627 한국 자유로니쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 06-04
626 한국 자유로니쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 06-01
625 독일 자유로니쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 05-31
624 독일 자유로니쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 05-31
623 한국 블루베리메일보내기 이름으로 검색 05-28
622 한국 knasti메일보내기 이름으로 검색 05-26
621 독일 knasti메일보내기 이름으로 검색 05-25
620 한국 knasti메일보내기 이름으로 검색 05-24
게시물 검색
이용약관 | 운영진 | 주요게시판사용규칙 | 등업방법 | 개인정보취급방침 | 이메일무단수집거부 | 비밀번호분실/재발급 | 입금계좌/통보방법 | 관리자문의
독일 한글 미디어 베를린리포트 - 서로 나누고 돕는 유럽 코리안 온라인 커뮤니티
모바일 버전으로 보기